- Family Law
Catherine Hicks is a native Atlantan, a 1986 graduate of the University of Georgia (cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and a 1989 graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law.. She was awarded the full academic Castellow Scholarship to UGA Law School. Catherine was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 1989 and joined Fox Chandler in 1992. Catherine is a member of the Gainesville-Northeastern Bar Association (Vice President, 2016-2017; Secretary, 2014-2016), The E. Wycliff Orr Inn of Court, and the Family Law Section of the Georgia Bar Association. Catherine is a former Special Assistant Attorney General. She has been an active member of the State Bar's High School Mock Trial Committee since 1991 (Chair, 1996-1997).
Catherine's community and civic involvement has included: Hall-Dawson CASA Board of Directors; Hall County United Way (Attorneys Section Chair); Children's Center for Hope and Healing Board of Directors; Northeast Georgia Medical Center Auxiliary; Enota Elementary PTA Board Vice President; Centennial Elementary PTA Board Secretary; Pinecrest Academy Touchdown Club Officer; Gainesville High School and Pinecrest Academy mock trial team coach. Catherine and her husband Brian are the parents of two sons who are also attorneys.
Divorce and other kinds of family law litigation are frequently very stressful. Catherine Hicks focuses her practice exclusively on the area of family law and on helping her clients navigate the often complex, stressful situations with which they are faced with compassion, experience and attention to detail.
- State Bar Georgia, 1989
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1989
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1990
- University of Georgia School of Law
- J.D., 1989
- Castellow Scholar
- University of Georgia
- B.A., 1986, cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Gainesville-Northeastern Bar Association, Member (President 2017-18, Vice President 2016-2017, Secretary 2014-2016)
- E. Wycliffe Orr Sr. Inn of Court
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, H.S. Mock Trial Committee , (Chair 1996-97, Member 1991-2022)